It’s Wishcasting Wednesday again, hosted by the always wonderful Jamie Ridler. This week, Jamie asks:
What do you wish for your body?
There was a time in my life I would have made a laundry list of things I hated about my body that I wanted changed, by whatever means necessary. All trivial, cosmetic things that would make me look more like the cultural beauty ideal. Thankfully, those days are gone. For the most part, I have made peace with my body as it is in regard to appearance. That’s not to say I don’t have the occasional day that my attitude towards it is less-than-wonderful, but who doesn’t have those days once in a while?
Most of all, what I wish for my body is health: long-lasting, radiant health.
In a more detailed and immediate sense, that entails the following:
- Reaching a healthy weight for my height and frame, which is about 25 or 30 pounds less than I am right now.
- Breaking the bad eating habits that I have not already broken (i.e. start eating out less despite familial temptation, eat more whole foods, especially fruit and vegetables, and drastically cut my processed sugar consumption).
- Sleeping and resting more.
- Exercising a lot more, especially doing yoga. (This is one of the first things to go when I’m time-crunched or fatigued, and that is when I need it most for the stress release.)
- Stressing less. (Meditate, eliminate chronic stressors wherever possible, practicing letting go of things I can’t control, etc.)
All of those things, in turn, will help lessen my chances of contracting certain health problems–heart disease and Type 2 Diabetes–that run in my family, and help make my wish of long-lasting, radiant health a reality.