What is your Spirit wishing for?
I thought about it, off and on most of the day, but didn’t really have time to focus. Yesterday was one of those hectic days where lots of things had to get done and everyone wanted something. (Really, that seems like all I have anymore…Those kind of days.) Quiet, alone time didn’t happen until right before bed, and, then, only because everyone else was in bed.
I knew my Spirit was wishing for some peace and quiet in which to speak. That’s a given. I got the feeling there was something more it wanted, though, but I couldn’t quite get at what that was. So I lit a white candle, and pulled out my oracle cards to do a one card reading. I held the question in my mind as a shuffled, and as I spread all the cards, face down, in front of me, closed my eyes, and intuitively chose one.
This is the card that came up:
According to the guide that came with the deck, this card heralds positive changes that occur at heart level, and also renewal, blossoming opportunities, connection to others, faith in the Universe to provide, and Love.
That certainly fits. I’ve been feeling stuck most of this whole year, I’m currently feeling burned out, disconnected, and, on some days, frozen with fear.
Also, in certain avenues of spiritual thought, the lotus has a special symbolism. Its roots are in the muck at the bottom of the river or pool, but the lotus itself floats above it all and blossoms. It’s akin to the Christian saying, “Be in the world, not of it.” It’s a reminder that I don’t have to participate in the craziness going on around me; that participation is my choice.
My Spirit wishes for:
- Peace and quiet in which to speak.
- Positive changes that come from a deep, heart-and-soul level.
- Blossoming opportunities, and that I will take the positive opportunities and run with them.
- Positive connections to others, rather than the crazy-making, people-pleasing behaviors that have led me to burnout and spiritual disconnect.
- Faith in the Divine to provide what I need, and to know that everything happening in my life right now is a learning opportunity and the knowledge gained will serve me, even if I don’t realize it until later.
- Love: for myself, for others, for and from the Divine.
- And, finally, for my ego to get out of my way, particularly its panicking manifestation that worries about what everyone else wants and thinks and that fears failure so much that it keeps me static.
What does your Spirit wish for, dear reader?