Ten Things I Need Less Of
- Other people dropping their drama/problems in my lap, expecting me to fix it/them.
- External stress (i.e. stress created by my position at work, that related to #1).
- Internal stress (i.e. the stress I put on myself to meet everyone’s expectations and demands, including mine; negative self-talk).
- Time spent aimlessly wandering around the Internet.
- Books, especially the ones that I’ve tried to read several times only to give up on because they are so boring or preachy…
- And the guilt associated with doing so.
- Back issues of magazines. (If I’ve read them, they need to go. If I haven’t, I need to read them and let them go.)
- Processed sugar and other bad-for-me foods.
- Worry (esp. about things beyond my control).
Ten Things I Need More Of
- Meditation (which will help with 1-4, 7, and 10 above).
- Exercise (which also helps with everything).
- Time spent reading actual books, especially those read solely for fun.
- Outdoor time.
- Contact with friends via means other than the computer.
- Photo expeditions.
- Noticing the sacred in the mundane.
- Just being.
Plus Five Things I Want to Do This Week
- Improve my work-life balance.
- Sit my butt down on my meditation cushion and meditate for no less than five minutes at a stretch, at least once a day. (Baby steps to get back into the habit, although, if I want to sit longer I will.)
- Exercise, starting this evening, for no less than 30 minutes each day through at least Friday. (That’s 5 days, M-F.)
- Make time for reading books and magazines.
- Write more, whether that is here or in ye olde paper journal. (I typed “om” instead of “in” the first time. Gee, wonder if that’s a sign? Haha.)