Large or small, financial or otherwise, what do you wish to invest in?
First of all, let me specify that the things I wish to invest in at this point are investments of time and attention, rather than money.
I wish to invest my time and/or attention in the following things:
- Photography. Love it, love it. It is my creative saving grace these days. I think I’m going to start doing at least one photo post a week. I have some ideas about that shape those will take, but I’ve not quite ironed that out in my mind yet.
- Writing more, especially here on the blog, which I’ve not been giving much attention to lately, even though I’ve had good ideas for posts. I just haven’t shown up to the blank screen.
- Getting more physical activity. Winter is over, and it’s time to get active and lose the extra pounds the holiday eating season added to my frame. (I still haven’t done that.) Ramping up my physical activity, for me, is the best way to do that. It helps other areas of concern as well, like reducing stress and making me sleepy, which in turn combats the dreaded Insomnia.
- Getting back to a daily spiritual practice, which, bare minimum, includes meditation, reading from a spiritual book, and some form or other of prayer. I am not at my best when I feel disconnected from the Divine, and my connection has been sporadic in recent months.
- Paying attention to what I really want to get out of life, and learning to stand in my own power. (Rachelle Mee-Chapman is doing a whole series over at Magpie Girl about standing in your own power. If, like me, that’s a problem for you, check it out!) Lately, it seems everyone around me has an idea for what I need to do with my life, what I should do next, etc. I’m a people-pleaser by nature, so this has been difficult, hearing what I really want and need versus what I’m trying to convince myself I want and need so everyone else is pleased with me, or at least not pissed off.
- Really getting to know and love myself, even the Shadow and my herd of Gremlins.
- Living in the present. Recent setbacks and other goings on have had me pondering how I can translate my word of the year, bloom, and the original intentions behind it, into blooming where I am, right here and right now.
- Outlining a new vision for what I mean when I speak about success, because the generally-accepted cultural standards for “success” just aren’t working for me, or for many people I know. I think it’s time a new set of guidelines were drawn up for defining success, and I wish to devote some time and attention to brainstorming that.
Ambitious, I know, but I’ve had wishing block lately, and I feel there is a lot that would be good for me to invest in.
Also, I realize tonight is the full moon, and that usually means I make a dreamboard, but I don’t have ideas and images together yet and haven’t been in a great position for taking the time. I’m shooting for this weekend with that.