Ten Things I’m Saying “No!” To:
- Spiritual materialism. (I have all I need right here, right now.)
- Creative materialism. (I have all I need right here, right now.)
- Taking on others’ drama.
- Saying “yes” to things solely to please others or avoid conflict. (To paraphrase Gandhi.)
- Wallowing in fear.
- Wallowing in anxiety.
- Foods that make my body feel poorly (i.e. excessive sugar, deep-fried fast food, etc.).
- The urge to cruelly criticize my body’s appearance.
- The urge to castigate myself for not being “perfect” in non-body ways.
- The notion that I am incomplete or unloved because I have been and am single.
Ten Things I’m Saying “Yes!” To:
- Support from and uplifting conversations with others.
- Yoga asana practice at least 3 times per week.
- Beginning the day with a guided meditation. (Mostly Vipassana this week, so far.)
- Epiphanies, large and small.
- The shifting and breaking up of fear and anxiety.
- Divine love.
- Creative urges.
- Spending less time online and more talking to friends, creating, and reading books and inspiring magazines.
- Foods that make me feel better, especially fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Letting go of some of the clutter in my space. (Baby steps, baby steps…)
So, lovely reader, what are you saying “No!” to? What are you giving a big ol’ “Yes!”?